Translate

Friday, April 17, 2009

David, The Temple and Heman

Did anyone catch this:

For David had said, "Since the Lord, the God of Israel, has granted rest to his people and has come to dwell in Jerusalem forever, the Levites no longer need to carry the tabernacle or any of the articles used in its service."  1 Chron 23

It's funny to be me because it doesn't say God told him to do this or is it in the law that this should be done.  But maybe the Israelites understood that the Tabernacle was temporary.  Plus David has the Spirit so maybe he's acting on that authority.  

And yes Heman is in the bible.  I liked this quote:
All these were sons of Heman the king's seer.  They were given him through the promises of God to exalt him.  God gave Heman fourteen sons and three daughters. 1 Chron 25:5

I guess he was a pretty righteous, respect by God kind of guy.  To be the king's seer is a pretty high position and God gave him many children to bring out some glory.  

I had a post yesterday, but it got deleted.  Doesn't matter that much, people are commenting that much on my negative posts anyway.

I enjoy this blog, hope you all are too!

4 comments:

Tera Chau said...

hmmm interesting about David's comment... guess he anticipated that there wouldn't be too many battles during Sol's reign (as God had mentioned to David), and with the temple coming soon, the tabernacle wouldn't be traveling much???

Teena Phamster said...

I like He-Man! He was super cool. I likes She-Woman too. Some of the older comics for us older folks! haha!

sorry your post got deleted...that was kinda funny that you think your posts are negative. i think you just like to stir and spur us on..to think more. it's cool. thx!

Tera Chau said...

haha T, did u mean She Ra? hmmm or maybe Wonder Woman? :D

Teena Phamster said...

Yup :) I think they were both considered super women. Thx 4 clarification. I like them both.