Translate

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Psalms and songs

Psalms and songs

Some of the Psalms we have read the past few days are inspirations for some of my favorite songs.

Psalm 1:

This is the basis of Song 109, "Rejoice in the Law of the Lord" in Songs of the Kingdom, Second Addition.

Psalm 36:

Third Day sings a song based on Psalm 36:5-6a "Your Love O Lord (Psalm 36)"

Your love O Lord, reaches to the heavens,
Your faithfulness to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
Your justice flows like the ocean's tide...

Psalm 40

U2's "40" is based on Psalm 40:1-3

I waited patiently for the Lord
He inclined and heard my cry
He brought me up out of the pit
Out of the miry clay

then the chorus... based on 40:3a: He put a new song in my mouth...

then:

He set my feet upon a rock
And made my footsteps firm
Many will see
Many will see and fear

Then the chorus again

2 comments:

Teena Phamster said...

cool Craig. you should listen to the you tube video below...one of your favorite songs is playing.

thanks for sharing...music is awesome. songs are great. singing and praising God is wonderful.

so amazed we serve an awesome and perfect God...who is creative in every way!

Jax in the Blog said...

that's awesome Craig! I didn't know about U2 using the bible...am curious to know how that sounds...maybe I can start singing it when I hear it... thanks Craig. You're so knowledgeable.