Translate

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Jesus

It’s amazing that David was able to describe, in Psalm 22, what Jesus would go through thousands of years later…

From what the teachers of the law and the elders would say while Jesus was on the cross: “He trusts in the Lord. Let the Lord rescue him.” Psalm 22:8 (Matt 27:43)

To what the soldiers did with His garments: “They divided my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.” Psalm 22:18 (John 19:23-24)

To even what Jesus felt (Psalm 22:14-17) and what He would utter on the cross: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Psalm 22:1 (Matt 27:46, Mark 15:34)

Completely AMAZING.

I wanted to pick a video that had the scenes from The Passion of The Christ, and went through several videos but I couldn’t really find what I was looking for. I am not sure if there is a song out there that could do justice to the true passion of Jesus. As I am writing this, my eyes are puffy from crying because after going through the videos and watching the scenes of Jesus being beaten and killed, my heart feels heavy and sad. I’m so grateful for Jesus. I’m also so grateful that He is not suffering now but is waiting for us in heaven.

The following video uses some of the words from Psalm 103.

2 comments:

Mitchel Thomas Gonzalez said...

Thanks for the video; when I was reading the psalms about Jesus, I thought to myself how faith building that must have been for Jesus, to know that what he was going through was exactly how God had planned it. Imagine if your personal victories and defeats where prophesied in detail in the bible.

Example: the day of your baptism. What you were wearing, the location, what others shared about you. All this was written before you where born. The crazy thing is I’m sure there is a book in heaven that exists, from the beginning to the end of our lives. And you'll have God standing next to you explaining why these things happened. Talk about faith building

Justin Seibel said...

Wow Tera, thanks for sharing your heart. It's good that your heart is soft to the cross.