Translate

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Psalm 101

I got this from a book I'm reading (so I won't take credit for it. hehe)...

David implies in Psalm 101, character begins with YOURSELF.

He decided to avoid:
  • Vile things
  • Faithlessness
  • Perversity
  • Evil
  • Slander
  • Pride and haughtiness
  • Deceit
  • Wickedess
What an incredible list of character traits to avoid!!

-------------------------
Psalm 101:2-8

2
I will be careful to lead a blameless life—
when will you come to me?
I will walk in my house
with blameless heart.

3 I will set before my eyes
no vile thing.
The deeds of faithless men I hate;
they will not cling to me.

4 Men of perverse heart shall be far from me;
I will have nothing to do with evil.

5 Whoever slanders his neighbor in secret,
him will I put to silence;
whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart,
him will I not endure.

6 My eyes will be on the faithful in the land,
that they may dwell with me;
he whose walk is blameless
will minister to me.

7 No one who practices deceit
will dwell in my house;
no one who speaks falsely
will stand in my presence.

8 Every morning I will put to silence
all the wicked in the land;
I will cut off every evildoer
from the city of the LORD.

2 comments:

Tera Chau said...

wow I like the list u shared! (n the font looks greeeeeat hehe)

Teena Phamster said...

I think it's so cool how he not only decides what is wrong but acts upon it. I love all the practicals from reading this blog. I love points and action items. Thx all. :)