Translate

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wisdom

What is Wisdom?
According to the life application bible, "Wisdom is both the ability to discern what is best and the strength of character to act upon that knowledge."

How do you get wisdom?

Proverbs 1:7 talks about "the Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline".

James 1:5 shares God's promise that "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

These two scriptures alone are guiding us how to get wisdom by first fearing God and asking Him for it.
I don't know about you guys, but I need wisdom especially as defined above. But sadly, I don't ask for it frequently enough as I should and Need to. So for those of you trying to repent of self-reliance as well, please join me in praying for this and for each other. Jot your names down so we can pray for you specifically. Let's keep reading this Chronological Bible...it's part of the "beginning of knowledge."

1 comment:

Tera Chau said...

(Jax, I deleted the comment you intended for Justin's post)

GREAT thoughts! And so glad to see you are frequenting the blog, you have a lot of great convictions that should be shared :).

I love considering wisdom and how it is obtained, cuz I lack it :(. I need to pray for wisdom as well, so glad Solomon's prayer to God reminded me to pray for wisdom more often, daily in fact.