Translate

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

To give advise or not? That is the question

Yesterday we read about Rehoboam seeking advice.

This is an area I believe needs to be taught in our ministry. How to give and take advice. So much hardship can be avoided if we could get this down. The bible has so much to say about this. I'm currently studying this out with the help of Dr Douglas Jacoby's study into the book of Proverbs. Here are some questions he brings up

Why seek advice?
What is advice?
When to get advice?
Where to get advice?
How to respond to advice?
What to do when giving advice?

Is this something you think would be beneficial in our ministry? Maybe I can do a lesson on advice at our Chrono Camping trip since we just finish reading Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Psalms

3 comments:

Jax in the Blog said...

sure H:), that be cool!

Lisa Nguyen said...

Mitch,

I think that would be a great topic to study out. =) I vote yes for you giving a lesson on it during our Chrono camping trip!

Transformed Learner said...

I went out and got Doug Jacoby's wisdom literature series because of this post. Great stuff.