Translate

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fall of Jerusalem

It's sad to see Israel, Judah and Jerusalem destroyed. I was watching Kingdom of Heaven the other day and it kind of gives a glimpse to what this might have looked like. The city is attacked and in flames. I've seen the movie before, but this time I connected it to the exile and the destruction we've been reading about recently. So if you need something to help you visualize this it might help. It's not the same time period, but it might show you a glimpse of what it was like.

Also I have to say it's pretty hard core for God to tell Ezekiel not to mourn for his wife. That would be a tough situation to be in.

Keep up the reading everyone!

2 comments:

Green Hobbit said...

the stuff that the prophets went through was indeed intense. i think nothing but the power of god could have stopped me from morning for my husband. the situation reminds me a little of hoshea and how god wanted him to purposely marry a woman who he knew would be unfaithful to him so that it may mirror what israel was doing to god (and his unconditional love for them as well). can you imagine doing that as well? man, ezekiel and hoshea are definitely heroes of the faith and may they be eternally blessed.

Justin Seibel said...

Those Are definitely some Tough situations. Not sure how I'd do.