Translate

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The scripture that I connected with most from my reading today (Aug 30)...

Lamentations 3: 19-26
I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Why I like this scripture...

It must have been hard for Jeremiah to observe everything around him; the death of so many, and those who were left were starving, abused, dying... he wrote "My eyes fail from weeping, I am in torment within, my heart is poured out on the ground because my people are destroyed, because children and infants faint in the streets of the city." (Lam 2, from Aug 29 reading)

And the only hope he held onto was that God loves His people and will have compassion on them. God will save them, His people need only to hope in Him, seek (pray to) Him, and wait quietly for Him.

Jeremiah was so faithful. I want to be like that...

In the difficult times in my life, when I am hurt or broken, or my faith is weak... I need to do that; hope in Him, pray to Him, and wait quietly for Him.

2 comments:

Justin Seibel said...

Good stuff Tera. I like Lamentations. That one scripture in the song is good. Thanks for sharing how it helps you and what you need too.

Danger Ashley said...

I like:

his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;

We can have a bad day, but then have hope that the next(new) day will be better :)