Translate

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thou Shall not whine, lol.

When I read Tera's post and reading about how the Israelites were complaining all the time, I remembered a memory from the 5th grade! Gosh, I going that far, lol. Anyways, my 5th grade teacher had this sign that said, "Thou Shall Not Whine" by her desk. She wasn't too strict about it but I would always see it and not whine in class. It could of been an 11th commandment, hmmm...

Everytime I read about how much the Israelites complained to Moses, I just wanted to pull my hair out. Why weren't they grateful for God's blessings? And they kept complaining for the same things over and over.

2 comments:

Tera Chau said...

haha good thoughts PT, you're so cute :)

Teena Phamster said...

Yes, grumbling and complaining is no good. Not proper for God's people.

Love this scripture in the new testament. Shows how the whining doesn't stop in the olden days!
We all struggle w/ it today.

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. Phil 2:4-6

When we whine, we injure the idea of allowing God to use us to glorify him.