Translate

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In today's Psalms reading, I love how God shows us the different stages David went through during his prayers. His prayers went from praises showing complete trust in the Lord, to growing weary and pleading with God. You can see that David first praises God for his protection, strength and love. He then continues to praise him for the fact that he is a just God, and those who conspire against him will be dealt with by God. However, in the next Psalms, David starts to grow weary, just like we all do, even after our high with God; and he starts to plea with the Lord to help him...

"Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help, my throat is parched." - Pslams 69

Today's reading shows me that I need to have more prayers like King David. I am very encouraged by the great example David displays of trust in the Lord not only during his high points, but also during his low. I love the fact that no matter what, David continues to hold on to his convictions to trust that God's strength will deliver him from where ever he's at. yaay for King David!=)

1 comment:

Tera Chau said...

Great thoughts Lisa! :)

What amazes me is that David wrote all these Psalms thousands of years BEFORE Jesus was around. For most of us (myself included) we were taught to pray by Jesus (from scriptures like Matt 6:5-15) and by other disciples. But David knew how to pray these amazing prayers--raw with struggles and heart ache, unabashedly vulnerable and real, full of heart and praise--all on his own!

I love the verse you picked out and I too need to pray more like David :)

My fav from today's reading... Psalm 62:1 "My soul finds rest in God alone..."