Translate

Monday, October 12, 2009

Remember me with Favor...

I really enjoyed yesterday and today's reading! So encouraging! It's still amazes me how loving God is....his love is unfailing! I love how Nehemiah takes us back to the days of Abraham..Moses to remind us how unfailing, merciful and loving is our God. God's love story resonates to the days of Nehemiah. Wow!!!
I know recently we all received a letter about our current standing on our tithes. I found it appropriate to share how God's people understood what it meant to give monetarily so that the house of the Lord would be taken care of. They saw it as a responsibilty and personal committment that they will not neglect the house of the Lord.

"Remember me for this, O my God, and do not blot out what I have so faithfully done for the house of my God and it's services."

What do you want to be remembered for? What legacy do you want to leave behind? What would you want God to remember and say proudly about you?

3 comments:

Tera Chau said...

Hmmm great q's T, gosh I'm not sure wat I wanna b remembered for, too bad I can't take credit for the invention of bandaids or smthg hehe... but mayb big scale: prolly help fight poverty n reduce the # of orphaned children, n small scale: to help ppl that I cross paths with in my life feel that I genuinely care bout them, n prayerfully they bcome xtians (or b strengthened in their faith).

Justin Seibel said...

Thanks for posting Tina!

Danger Ashley said...

I think I'd eventually like to be remembered as a loving person.