Translate

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Unmerciful Servant

Wow...last night's reading was so convicting! I was so convicted by my lack of forgiveness in my heart towards people. The story about the unmerciful servant gets me everytime. I understand how much God has forgiven me of all my treacherous sins...yet it is so hard for me to forgive a small wrongdoing from someone else. I could easily just brush it off and act like I don't care, but in reality it still hurts. I may see this person and just have ucky feelings in my heart. So wretched am I. :( The new testament teaching are challenging!! But I love it.

[God, please forgive me! Help me to have a loving heart towards my enemies and those who mistreat me or done wrong to me. Give me your heart and help me to love as you do. Allow me to clothe myself with your kindness, gentleness and patience. Thank you for Jesus' example so that I may have no excuses. In Jesus name, Amen.]

"Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

1 comment:

Tera Chau said...

Yes convicting! I luv it toooo :)