Translate

Monday, February 16, 2009

Blessings

"Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and posses the land that the Lord promised on oath to your forefathers."
-Deuteronomy 8:1

I thought today's reading was encouraging.  It was a reminder of the blessings that happen when we obey God's commands.  It's good to see the benefits of following God.  I'm looking forward to increasing and living in the land of milk and honey.  I liked the detail in Deu. 7, "none of your men or women will be childless."  
Also, it talks about marrying people from other groups.  So if you need something more than "don't be yoked with unbelievers" read here.  
This passage is interesting because its written to a people, not just a record of events or a list of commands.  It's like reading one of Paul's letters only its by Moses.  I can't think of another part of the OT where this happens.  Pretty cool.

Hey Phamster, I tried to answer your question.  Sorry I didn't see it for a while.  

And I just wanted to encourage anyone who feels intimidated by posting.  Just sharing your thoughts or what you're learning, how it relates to your life is a great thing to post on here.  I think everyone likes that and can do that.  New people posting certainly livens it up.  Thanks to all who've been posting!

1 comment:

Tera Chau said...

I was tempted to gloss over the readings from today and yesterday because it's sorta a repeat of what we've read, but I'm glad I didn't :)

Kinda interesting to read about God's blessings and curses particularly His emphasis on His people marrying believers because He knew their faith would not last otherwise (it barely lasted in the desert just dealing with themselves, let alone throwing in a nonbeliever into the mix).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Justin!